When you need a top lawyer, choosing the right one for your needs could very likely mean the difference between the case going in your favor, or languishing for months awaiting resolution. Before you choose an attorney, you absolutely must do your homework first. Top attorneys can be expensive, but their fees vary greatly, as well as their expertise. When you pick the correct attorney for your needs, you have a much better chance of having a successful outcome in company like Legal Ambassadors.
Having a lawyer is not like having a family doctor. One size does not fit all. You should pick your lawyer on a case-by-case basis. Few people, unless they own business, have an attorney at their beck and call. You wouldn’t use the same attorney to draw up your will as you would represent you should you get into trouble with the law.
Ask yourself these questions before hiring an attorney:
• What kind of lawyer do you need? Lawyers usually specialize in one particular aspect of the law. A lawyer who specializes in family law would have very different experience than one who is a criminal attorney.
• What is their background? While where they went to school can be one factor to consider, good and bad lawyers graduate from top schools every day. Certainly, you may have more confidence in an attorney who graduated from Harvard Law School, but don’t discount someone simply because they have a degree from a less prestigious school. Always check with your state bar association to make certain the lawyer you are considering is a member in good standing.
• What is their style? You should interview your lawyer the same way you would interview someone you were hiring to work for you. You should have good chemistry, and you should feel comfortable with them. Many attorneys offer free consultations, so this is a good time to gauge whether you feel comfortable working with them. During that first consultation, you won’t be given any specific legal advice. Use this interview to get to know how the attorney works.
• How much experience in your particular area does the lawyer have?
• How long with the case take? Experienced attorneys will have a good idea how long your case will take to resolve.
• Do they have malpractice insurance?
• How often your lawyer will contact you about your case’s status and how they will communicate this information? Will you be dealing directly with them or will another attorney with the firm be handling your case?
• How much money will this require? Attorney’s fees vary quite a bit. If one lawyer’s fees are too high for your pocketbook, chances are you can find another lawyer near you who is more affordable. To find the best lawyer for your needs use Legal Ambassadors to find a lawyer near you.
Find Out The Best Lawyers According To Their Practice Area, City and State Name: